Friday, August 17, 2012

A walk with hills

Okay short and sweet, here it goes!  2 posts 2 days in a row, woohoo!

So here's how the week has looked so far:

Monday: Nada
Tuesday: Walk in the morning, 2.6 mile trail run in the evening
Wednesday: Nada
Thursday: Jog in the evening at the river trail.  ugggg this as HARD.  It was my first time running alone with the Double stroller and it felt like a thousand pounds.  But i made it a mile before R started crying hard and then I returned to the car.  Nothing spectacular, but it's a start. 
Friday (today): We went on an evening walk and went up (and down) 2 large hills.  It felt a lot better then it has in the past and i pushed the stroller up the 2nd hill.  So....maybe we're making progress?

In other news....eating.  Uggggg.  So EVERY day I start out really well and make healthy choices until about....3pm?  Then things go downhill.  Also I crave something sweet every evening.  Tonight I was all prepared to get up and get a yogurt or something healthy but hubs decided to finish off Jude's birthday cake.  So i joined him...naturally.  Well it's gone now so maybe that will help. 

Goal: Healthy snack around 2 or 3pm (to avoid making bad choices like it did today...yup....had licorice for  snack).  And also PRE-plan what I'll have as a snack in the evening so it's healthy. Then eventually I'd like to phase this out and not eat after dinner (much healthier, I know, but baby steps, ya know?)

Also, I haven't lost any weight.  Weighed in at 221.  But honestly, I think I gained like 2 pounds after my first post (between having family visit and Jude birthday party) so I'm actually back down to where I was when I started training. 


No comments: