Thursday, August 16, 2012

I SUCK at blogging!

Okay soooooooo....I'm horrible at keeping up with this blog!!  BUT better late than never!  Here's my progress with my training.  Got off to a veeeery rocky start but I'm blaming that on having family in town and planning a very "seuss-err-ific" 2nd birthday party for my little guy!   During that week I did get out and "jog" (it was a sad attempt) once and I walked once.  Also during time with visitors we went to the Shasta Caverns and I'll tell you, just climbing the stairs in the caves was a work out!  (sad.)

So this week started out with a walk on Tuesday morning and then the Sunset Through the Trees run on Tuesday evening.  http://www.midniteracing.net/Sunset.html

Man did that feel horrible!  The run was 2.6mi on trails that are pretty rough.  I definitely struggled.  But I'm happy to say I ran the first half without stopping (veeeery slow, probably 12-13 min mile pace).  The second half included about 3 "walking" stretches, but I finished running!  (haha of course I did, I could never walk across a finish line!) My legs felt like lead, my body hurt, my eyes were dry....but I did it.  That's what matters.

Also I've started keeping track of my food.  I went grocery shopping and bought healthy protein rich snacks so I will stop eating empty calories because we have no food in the house!!  So today I've eaten:

B: (Around 7:30am) 2 eggs and 1 piece of toast
L: (Around 11:30pm) Turkey and Chz sandwich on wheat bread (dry of course, if you know me you know I abhor mayonnaise....)
S: (Around 2pm) Cottage Cheese and a peach.  So I normally do NOT like cottage cheese but I bought it because it's healthy and because I want Jude to try it.  I found that if I eat it with a FRESH peach (not canned ones blech) it is soooo much better! yay! 

That's all for now!  In other news I'm going to start walk/jog/running with some local mommy friends so that should help motivate me! 


No comments: